Change management is the driver that delivers sustainable achievement of process excellence. It ensures that all stakeholders are fully engaged, empowered, and equipped to achieve and further enhance process excellence.
Business process excellence is about continuously increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of processes. Often this implies a need to implement new solutions or practices. To do so successfully requires that all affected stakeholders adopt the new way. Thus the need for effective change management.
Change Management Wheel
The change management wheel below depicts the proven phases to follow in order to successfully bring about the transformation of an organization by adopting new ways of doing business, or in our case, achieving process excellence.
Change Success Factors
Several change management success factors are essential to bringing about full process transformation and a culture of excellence.
1. A compelling excellence vision. See the visionary leadership page for more on this topic.
2. From the vision and the organization’s current performance, a “burning platform” is identified to provide a compelling case for the necessary change. The resulting sense of urgency should mobilize stakeholders to do the right things right.
3. Opportunity projects and initiatives, particularly the first wave, must be aligned with the organization’s process excellence and performance intent. These need to receive visible and ongoing leadership support.
4. Understand key stakeholders’ current position on the proposed solution, practices, or way. From the stakeholder analysis or stakeholder mapping, a strategy can be derived to bring stakeholders to the required level of support.
5. Full involvement and participation of stakeholders from the outset aids quicker adoption. That implies that stakeholders have a say in the identification, development, and implementation of the new way.
6. The organization and its leadership must show full commitment to the new direction. That is to ensure that sufficient resources with the appropriate competencies are made available to drive the change.
7. Open and clear communication regarding the process excellence program, initiatives, projects, and successes should be ongoing and aimed at all stakeholders. The communication needs to be timely, accurate, consistent, two-way, using various media vehicles, etc.
8. Reward and recognition systems should be aligned to ensure the desired behaviors are institutionalized. In addition, post-project lessons, from successes (best practices) and failures, need to be gathered and shared to enable learning throughout the entire organization.
- About Profitable Processes
- Achieve Operational Excellence
- Business Process Management
- Change Management
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Excellence Coaching
- Innovation Process Evolution System
- Lean Process Glossary & Terms
- Operational Excellence
- Operational Excellence Components
- Process Excellence Execution
- Process Excellence Governance
- Process Excellence Leadership
- Process Excellence Reference
- Profitable Processes Acronyms
- Project Management
- Six Sigma
- Six Sigma Glossary
- The Process Excellence System
- Theory of Constraints
- Total Quality Excellence
- Visionary Leadership
Why this article about Capability Studies for Process Improvement? Over the last two decades, I have reviewed many Master Black Belt and Black Belt certification
Insourcing vs outsourcing improvement development competencies is not a new debate that we still come across. This motivated us to provide you with this guide/reminder
Centralising or decentralising continuous improvement teams is not a new debate, yet one that is still fiercely debated. This motivated us to provide you with
Empowering AI Implementation Equips Your Company for Seamless AI Adoption – Unveiling the Key Resources, Tools, and Expertise to Drive Success AI Implementation Resources Here
AI in manufacturing processes has revolutionised the industry by enhancing efficiency, productivity, and decision-making capabilities. This comprehensive guide provides a detailed roadmap for successfully implementing