Process Excellence System
By definition, a process excellence system implies a totality, a holistic representation that encompasses all the necessary elements to function effectively. Process excellence is a holistic approach to creating maximum value.
The core of the AchieveProcessExcellence.com solution revolves around the Process Excellence System we developed and refined following years of experience.
The system is held within an iterative process.
- Value Objectives
- Performance Measures and Guides
- Performance Breakthrough
- Sustained Performance Improvement
- Coordinated and managed through an appropriate infrastructure
Taking its queue from the organization’s process excellence vision and strategy, value creation objectives are defined. These objectives should at least include a customer perspective (effectiveness) and an internal perspective (efficiency). Click here to learn more about defining the value creation sweet spot.
Performance Measures and Guides
From the value creation objectives, key performance indicators are defined. Appropriate measurement systems are implemented and the current state of process performance is measured. Targets are set to achieve the value creation objectives. Click here to learn more about defining the value creation key performance indicators and dashboards.
An Excellence Roadmap points the way towards achieving process excellence. The Excellence Roadmap acts as a guide leading processes towards Excellence. It is compiled of several levels with the highest being the level of Excellence. Typically, the Excellence Road Maps are defined by Process Owners, usually at the senior management level. Processes are initially assessed and their current level determined. Next level targets are set and periodically reviewed.
Based on the current state of the Key Performance Indicators and Excellence Road Map, gaps are identified. These gaps indicate opportunities for performance improvement. Opportunities are gathered, prioritized and selected. The selected opportunities are launched as projects and appropriately (e.g. right competencies) resourced. The portfolio of projects and monitored and reviewed against timeline and process performance improvement plans. Here the Project Management Office plays a central role. Click here to learn more about the breakthrough opportunity selection mechanism.
Sustained Performance Improvement
Any good learning organization knows the value of maintaining success and spreading best practices throughout the organization. Through the use of change management, process & quality standards, and quality control methods, the improved performance levels can be sustained.
Infrastructure includes the Excellence resource structure (including leadership process owners, project champions, improvement specialists, project leaders, quality personnel, etc.), project and metrics tracking and reporting systems, standards document system, process house, learning management system, best practice replication, etc.
5 Key Components of the Process Excellence System
From the above depiction, 5 key components of the Process Excellence system can be extracted. These are:
- Objectives and Infrastructure.
- Key Performance Indicators and Excellence Roadmaps.
- Project Management and Office.
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation.
- Quality and Change Management.
5 Core Process Excellence Competencies
In order to build the Process Excellence System, several competencies need to be enhanced within the organization. Process excellence is a powerful combination of several techniques and methodologies designed to maximize process, and thus the organization, performance on a sustainable basis.
The main techniques and methodologies included in the AchieveProcessExcellence.com solutions include:
Integrating these various process excellence techniques and methodologies results in a powerful approach to …
- identifying the organizations core processes
- defining process excellence and the path for reaching it
- making the processes and their actual performance visible
- identify opportunities for achieving performance excellence in these processes
- executing on those opportunities to deliver sustained improvements
- standardizing best practices across the organization
- About Profitable Processes
- Change Management
- Contact Us
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Lean Process Glossary & Terms
- Process Excellence Execution
- Process Excellence Governance
- Process Excellence Leadership
- Process Excellence Reference
- Profitable Processes Acronyms
- Six Sigma
- Six Sigma Glossary
- The Process Excellence System
- Theory of Constraints
- Total Quality Excellence
- Visionary Leadership
- Why you need to Achieve Process Excellence